Website Maintenance comprises all the activities needed to ensure the operational integrity of your website or intranet. In other words, it is about doing all the things needed to make sure your site runs smoothly and according to plan.
The activities from which Website Maintenance is composed are:
- Website Publishing: To keep content up-to-date.
- Website Quality Assurance: To spot errors on a site.
- Website Feedback Monitoring: To manage communication with website visitors.
- Website Performance Monitoring: To measure success.
- Website Infrastructure Monitoring: To supervise hosting.
- Change Control: To manage technical and other changes in a coordinated way.
These activities are usually carried out by members of a Website Maintenance Team.